Monday, January 16, 2012

Sold on 3D Movies?

I took my two munchkins to see our first 3D movie this afternoon.  We saw Disney's Beauty and the Beast, which was re-released in 3D this past weekend.  This was not only their first 3D movie, it was mine as well.  I was not quite sold on the hype or excitement of watching in 3D.  I am excited to say, that today's showing totally sold me on 3D movies...at least animated movies.  I have always been a big fan of Disney movies, and one of my favorite parts of movies since the original release of Beauty and the Beast and movies after such as Aladdin and The Lion King was the amazing detail of the animation.  The detail of every background image made you truly feel like you were part of the world.  Now add 3D to that!  WOW!  The characters jumped off the screen, and the scenery was amazing.  It truly was like seeing the movie for the first time again.  I found myself saying wow many times during the show.  My kids also found it fun, and they also have seen the movie many times before.  It was fun to watch them try to reach out and grab something that they thought was in front of them.  In addition to the movie we watched, there were several previews for upcoming 3D movies including the re-release of Star Wars, The Phantom Menace in February and the new Disney summer movie "Brave".  I think you can count me in for another 3D showing very soon!  I would love to hear some thoughts and feelings you have towards the 3D phenomenon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment