Thursday, January 12, 2012

How do you share and learn?

With today's social web, it is so easy to share and connect with so many great resources.  I have spent the past year building a decent network with whom I have learned so much.  Here are a few places I have used to build this network...

Twitter - No, its not just a place to let everyone know what you had for breakfast.  There are so many wonderful educators using this tool to discuss the future of education.  I love it!

Diigo - I have used Diigo for years as an online bookmarking site, but it has been built into a nice social site as well.  It is a great way to share sites with many friends!

Symbaloo - I have used this to share sites with students.  Its a great way to setup a page of bookmarks.  It also is a great way to find groups of specific sites shared from others.

Scoop.it - I blogged about Scoop.it a couple weeks ago.  I love this site.  You can create a page full of sites centered around a specific topic.  People can follow your topic, comment, and suggest more sites.

Facebook - I tend to use Facebook to connect with friends and family, but it can also be used for professional resources as well.  Facebook has truly pushed the boom of social networking!

These are a few sites that I use.  There are so many great places to share and network, and I would love to hear what you all use.  Please comment with suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment